Last night's date went surprisingly well. I didn't expect anything less, but the comfort level we had between us was extraordinary to say the least. Remember when Something About Mary came out, and everyone was on the Cameron Diaz bandwagon? That's what it was like while we were while hanging out. Everyone wanted to be our friends, everyone thought we were so cool, our waitress was extra flirty with the both of us, our food came out first, our drinks were always topped off... the life of the party, we definitely were!!
The night almost didn't happen due to a mixup in directions to the place. But my trusty phone came through for once via its GPS app and I was able to find my destination and still be early. I went in and grabbed a table that was in prime position with the largest flat screen tv. I wasn't waiting long before Michelle came strolling in. She had come straight from work so was a little overdressed for the place. Not to worry as she made herself comfy, sitting next to me at the table rather than across from me [it was a 4 top table]. Our cute as a button waitress came over to take our drinks and give us the app specials. I went for my usual Diet Coke and lime which seemed to pale in comparison to her 'Bourbon. Neat please.'
'Rough day?'
'Yeah, but it's time to relax'
We caught up on the happenings of the site, the NBA playoffs so far, how our waitress didn't have the largest set of boobs but her top complimented her very well, you know, the usual first date kind of stuff.. It was an hour of talking amongst ourselves, the people around us while watching the game and our waitress, that we realized we hadn't ordered any food. Now for me, how well a girl eats on the first date lets me know how comfortable she is with me. Michelles's order of a burger medium rare, with a raw onion on top, no fries, but a side of wings with extra blue cheese, made me chuckle. She asked what was up and I said,
'You just answered my question of whether or not I should try and kiss you tonight'.
'Hey, what's a little onion among friends?'
The rest of the night was pretty uneventful - just us watching the back and forth battle between Denver and the Lakers and chatting amongst those around us, all the while getting to know one another much better.
Just after the 3rd period ended and the score was tied yet again, Michelle started stretching in her seat and ended up sitting Indian style in her seat having kicked her shoes off. I guess it wasn't that comfortable since she adjusted a few times before finally settling in. It was at that point that she kicked me gently in the shin. I adjusted a little, thought I was clear, but then got nudged again. Not breaking the conversation, I moved my legs a bit further to the side.
'Stop moving.'
'What?'
'Come closer!'
I scoot closer to her and she does the same.
I feel her foot on my shin, rubbing up and down, a nonchalant look on Michelle's face.
'You realize those were probably the worst attempts at footsie, ever.'
'Yeah, I'm not really good at it.'
So she scoots her chair back a bit and cool as a cucumber places her bare feet in my lap as we continue watching the game.
Fortunately her feet weren't in a position that would have gotten me in trouble. I like feet as much as the next guy, and hers were painted and pedi'd very well, but having them in my lap didn't cause any physical reaction just yet. But I don't think she did what she did in order to 'get a rise' out of me. I really think she just wanted to get comfy. I didn't want to freak anyone out sitting around us, so I didn't 'play' with her feet or even massage them. I just kinda held her toes in between my palms, keeping them warm. The look of contentment on her face said it all.
The game ended and so did our night. She ended up parking next to me [kismet at play?] so walking her to her car was a no brainer. We chatted for a couple of minutes and I did end up giving her a kiss goodnight, onion be damned.
And it was definitely worth it.
4 years ago
Sounds like a perfect date to me. More to come I hope?
ReplyDeleteWe do have plans to go out on Saturday, provided I can find us a place to eat!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great date to me. Provided that was one of the games the Lakers won.
ReplyDeleteIt was!!! Odom and Gasol played big that night!!
ReplyDelete