May 26, 2009

Relaxation, Sun & Sand

An unexpected vacation bestowed upon me last Thursday has left me feeling refreshed, recharged and oh so relaxed. Kind of disappointing that I had to ruin it all by coming in to work today.

A friend had recently won a trip for herself to Aruba, however the friend she wanted to take got laid off from work and was in the process of setting up interviews. Right when they should have been on the beach sunning and sipping 'ritas. She managed to convince the restaurant she won the tickets from, to change the name on her extra ticket, then called me and said I had 3 minutes to decide if I wanted to make the trip with her.

I think I had about 2 minutes & 55 seconds left, after saying 'yes'.

The travel Gods must have been looking out for me because it was a non stop flight, that left on time, they served drinks on the flight!, and her checked in luggage made it to Aruba unscathed and unopened.

Our room at the Surf Club was absolutely awesome. It had a usable kitchen, nice comfy sofas, patio area where we watched the sun rise and set, fabulous 50" flat screen, oversized bed with the softest sheets [I'm thinking 2200 count!!], and the biggest bathroom complete with jacuzzi tub.

Not bad for a $5 raffle ticket!!

We ate, drank, danced, gambled, napped, snorkeled, parasailed & shopped, all to our hearts content. It was just what I needed as work has been kicking my ass lately. Not enough help due to budget cuts and everyone wants the impossible done, it seems. I can only work with what I'm given, but no one seems to realize that. Or they don't care. I'm actually surprised my access card worked this morning as I didn't so much ask to go on vacation, as I told them last Wednesday I was leaving the next day. So I gathered up my Crackberry, laptop, pager, & cellphone, left them on my desk for all to see, and left for a sorely needed 5 day vacation.

1 comment: