My previous cellphone of choice was the Nokia E71 unlocked. It was a fantastic phone, did everything that I needed it to do, took a beating, held a great charge & took decent enough pictures and video, accessed email and websites superbly. The major downside to the phone was that it was on the AT&T network. Major suckage with a capital SUCK.
So lo and behold I popped into the Verizon store with Michelle tonight - yup we had another get together, and yes I will finish up our first encounter from last week - and noticed the Env3 by LG. It's lightweight, looks cool, is a qwerty which is a must for me & was on sale. I got to try one out from a salesperson there and the phone absolutely flys on the internet, it's got a kick ass browser and the best part is the threaded texts. No more texts coming in one after another, now they're sorted by contact so I can have 3 or 4 text conversations going on and know exactly what's going on in the conversation without having to go back. Saweetness!! Did I mention the visual voicemail? Not really sure what that's all about just yet, but it sounds spectacular doesn't it?
It's not as application rich as the E71 but then again, I didn't use half the apps loaded onto it anyways. It doesn't have MS Office support but that just means I won't be able to do work while I am not in the office. Boo-frikking-hoo. LOL.
Now all I need is to come up with a snazzy name for it/him/her.
4 years ago
Congratulations on the new phone! I got the env2 a while back, and I am addicted to it. However, the threaded texts sound great. I think I accidentally texted something naughty to my husband's best friend last week, since he innocently texted me in the midst of a sextathon with my guy on the side. Yesterday I got a text from him saying, "What r u wearing?" If only he weren't extremely obese, bad in bed (heard from his wife), and an asshole, I might consider texting something flirtatious back. But in real life I am just pissed off about it and ignoring the text. I told my husband to get him off my back. So, those threaded texts could have saved me this trouble! ;p
ReplyDeleteIf your visual voice mail is the same as my husband's, it means you will see all the voice mails like text messages and listen to only the one you want to instead of calling voice mail and listening one after the other. Pretty cool. Enjoy your new phone. Me, I'm a BB addict. Haven't named my phone tho. Getting a newer one this summer and I'll name that one ;)
ReplyDeleteSexy - I can't believe I haven't done anything like that. Hopefully I never will!
ReplyDeleteKyra - Best of all, it's free!!