June 30, 2009

1 Down, 1 To Go

Found out last night that Michelle is a lover of all things fireworks. She loves the colors, the brightness, the loudness and the timing of a fireworks display done right. This led me to cashing in some of the favors that are owed to me by various people.

At first I was going to rent a room in NYC but a quick browse of some travel sites, squashed that idea. [I do want to impress but not at the expense of going bankrupt!!] So I did the next best thing - found out which friend of a friend of a friend is in the NYC area and going away this Saturday, and who'd be willing to lend their place to me for a night. I received way more responses than I imagined I would [Thanks everybody!!], and one couple even wanted to pay me to go to their place so I could also walk and feed their dog!! I settled on a place across from NYC in Hoboken NJ, because I actually knew the people who would be lending me their place and have visited them before. I was concerned that we wouldn't get to see much of the display but then I found this:

At approximately 9:20 pm on July 4th, the 26-minute display will be set off from six barges positioned between 24th and 50th Streets on the Hudson River.


So based on Google maps, we should have a very good view of the fireworks show. We're headed down to NYC on Friday to spend the day, Saturday we're going to explore all that Hoboken has to offer and then leave shortly after the fireworks, once the traffic has thinned out. I'm currently researching places to eat even though the townhouse has a kickass kitchen - top of the line appliances, silestone island, and will be fully stocked. I'd love to give it a test drive, but I'm hopeful that there'll be other things that I'll be doing other than cooking.

Now that I've got it all planned out, I think it's time to run it by Michelle and hope that she likes it, and says yes =)

My makeup date for Beth is going to be a bit tougher to plan out. I tried calling her to get a feel of what she's into but she has yet to return my calls/texts. I hope that's not a sign, cause it's a bad one =(

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...NYC is actually not that far from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you weren't already involved, you would certainly get an invite to watch some cool fireworks and enjoy the view!!

    ReplyDelete