I sat in my seat in disbelief. The whole thing was a setup. And she got me.
She got me good.
You are such an asshole.
Hey nice to see you too!!
And then I broke into laughter. She definitely got me good. She started chuckling as the tears of laughter came down my cheeks. But in the back of my mind I was formulating a plot. A plot on how to get even that would rival me "getting pulled over". I did have a chatroom reputation to protect after all.
We got to Lands End with about an hour to spare. Our conversation was strictly shopping related for some reason. You'd think that after all we'd gone through and all our chats, we'd have been more at ease with one another. She picked out some shirts for me but disappointed me when she didn't come into the dressing room with me. Was I reading the situation wrong? Was I expecting too much? Was I not putting enough of myself out there for her?
The ride to her place was a little better. She told me about the area and how long she had been a trooper there. She fumbled with her utility belt the whole time which I thought strange. I finally reached over and took her hand in mine, giving her a reassuring squeeze. I hadn't looked over to see her reaction, but commented, "You sure have soft hands for a State Trooper". She pulled her hand away while in the middle of a laugh and I could see her trying to formulate a response. She could only offer up a coy smile when I finally did turn to her.
The plan was to order in some food, catch a movie and take it from there. I joked that I don't do take out deer or moose - I prefer to hunt, kill and cook my own. She said that could be arranged and I don't think she was kidding. Once we settled into her place, I sent her back out for some groceries. There was no way I was going to let her kitchen go unused. It was several steps up from a regular kitchen and maybe a notch or two below a pro's kitchen. It was one of the major selling points of the house along with the fantastic view, which was the actual reason that she bought the place.
Dinner was quite fantastic and not only because of the meal. Whatever held us back in the car and at Lands End simply disappeared. We chatted non stop, giggling, laughing, joking and making fun of one another constantly. Her demeanor is similar to mine - slightly sarcastic, always looking to make people laugh, basically an all around good mood. I attempted to clear the dishes but she said the cleaning lady would take care of everything and to just leave it all where it was.
She had other plans for us.
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment